FAQs (see below for NEW criteria!)
How are grant recipients selected?
A committee of community volunteers reviews application as they are received. The review committee includes people from various backgrounds and experiences in Jewish Ottawa, who are trained in the grant review process.
What is the committee looking for?
The review considers the following questions:
• Does the initiative engage new people in Jewish life?
• Is it meaningful and impactful for participants? Is it relevant and enjoyable?
• Does the initiative fill a gap or appeal to an under-served population?
• In addition to being a good idea, does the experience/project show collaboration with another organization or build synergies in the community?
• Is there a clear action plan and budget?
What kinds of activities are eligible? NEW!***********
• Applications from organizations that address connectivity and the need for tech, or tech support.
• Activities that foster and promote health and wellness, from a Jewish perspective.
• Innovative ways to expand the types of people engaged in community. This could be initiatives to combat racism, support inclusion of those with special needs, and other ideas that enable more people to feel welcome and be included in Jewish life.
• Backyard camps and informal summer activities that are infused with Jewish content.
• Educational, recreational, cultural, religious, and other Jewish events
• One-time programs, conferences, courses
• Activities that fit with Federation’s mission: to advance and promote an exceptional quality of Jewish life; and its vision: a thriving Ottawa Jewish community that is inclusive, accessible, educated, and engaged
• Fundraising events are not eligible for funding
What are the eligibility requirements to be considered for funding?
Applications will only be accepted for consideration, if the following prerequisites are met and agreed to:
• Applications have the ability to build affiliation and Jewish identity in the nation’s capital, engaging more people in Ottawa’s Jewish life
• Organization/individual agrees to administer necessary survey and/or reporting requirements
• Organization/individual agrees to guidelines re: Federation logo and promotion as a funder, etc.