As part of our in-house security team, your duties will include interior and exterior property patrols, building access control, emergency response, incident management, event security, asset and VIP protection, incident investigations, Fire Safety checks, camera surveillance, counter surveillance, willingness to participate in on-going training, etc. This is a very positive and supportive work environment and can be a great place to help build your security career. We are seeking to build our team with those who are calm, positive and very reliable. We care about the campus team and our clients.
• Must already have a valid Ontario Security License (mandatory)
• Must be reliable, punctual, and able to communicate effectively in English, French, oral and written, is an asset.
• Minimum 1 year experience as a security guard
Our shift needs vary based on COVID Lockdown circumstances, vacations and sick leave. Upon returning to partial or full hours, we will be having one regular evening shift schedule available as well as PT, casual / on call.
If you are interested, please submit your current resume along with a cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the role and what shift availability you have. The Jewish Community Campus of Ottawa is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may request accommodation if needed at any point in the selection process. A recent Criminal background check will be required prior to hire. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. References will be checked.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.25 /hour
In your cover letter, please include the following details;
• How many years of security guard experience do you have?
• Do you have the following licence or certification: Ontario Security Guard Licence and current CPR/ First Aid?
• Do you speak English? French? Other languages?
Please send your resume, cover letter and proof of Security License to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.