Residential Support Worker
TAMIR provides essential supports to adults with developmental disabilities in group living environments. We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Multiple weekend positions available working 12 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday.
Two full-time flex positions supporting an individual with a behaviour support plan.
If you are interested in joining our team at this critical time, we would appreciate hearing from you now.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Promote and maintain the mental and physical health and wellbeing of individuals supported while ensuring a safe and healthy environment
· Provide assistance to individuals with activities of daily living; for example, meal preparation, housekeeping, laundry, budgeting
· Provide assistance with personal care including nutrition, hygiene, grooming
· Support individuals to become involved in recreational/educational/employment or other interests as identified in their Personal Outcome Plan
· Be familiar with and adhere to Tamir policies and procedures, as well as Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services operational guidelines and relevant legislation
· Maintain appropriate communication and documentation, according to Tamir policies and procedures
· Contribute to a positive work environment by utilizing effective communication skills, conducting job functions with initiative, enthusiasm and sound judgement, and contributing to the team in an organized and productive manner
All work is conducted in a manner consistent with Tamir’s vision, mission and value statements. Tamir supports a person centred approach to services, which focuses on dignity, respect, care and inclusion in a supportive Jewish environment.
Staff may be required to perform any or all of the following duties in the course of their work:
1. Work with people requiring support to manage emotional, psychological and physical behavioural challenges
2. A risk of exposure to communicable/contagious diseases
3. Completion of general household duties that may require lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, or twisting
4. Lift, move or transfer people who require mobility assistance
5. Attend to personal needs
6. May be required to work alone
7. Must be able to operate a vehicle
Education and Experience
· Developmental Service Worker Diploma preferred
· Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences or related field, and 1 year of experience working with persons with developmental disabilities OR
· High school education, with 2 years of relevant experience working with persons with developmental disabilities
· G or G2 Driver’s License with good driving record
· Current CPR and First Aid Training
· Clear Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector or ability to apply for one
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require specific accommodations please contact Tamir.
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.