• Do you want to make a difference in the lives of those most in need within the Ottawa Jewish community?
• Are you client-service minded with an eye for detail?
• Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
• Are you looking to work with an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative team?
• Are you equally empathetic and efficient?
The Ottawa Kosher Food Bank is recruiting a part-time Manager in our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Executive Director, the position is 24 hours per week. Some work on Sundays is required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating the Ottawa Kosher Food Bank; including overseeing all fundraising, purchasing; volunteer coordination; and ensuring the program is able to successfully meet the needs of the clientele.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Supply management, both donated and purchased
• Volunteer management, including training and scheduling to ensure seamless distributions
• Processing donations, donor stewardship, and fundraising and grant work as required
• Interfacing with clientele to ensure their needs are met
• Communicating with partner agencies
• Coordinating online social media presence
The ideal candidate is:
• Positive, outgoing, pleasant and patient
• An excellent communicator (both oral and written) in English; other languages an asset
• Proficient in MS Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook), social media platforms, CRM and desktop publishing. Graphic design experience an asset.
• Proficient with CRM and social media
• Diplomatic and discrete in dealing with our clients and donors
• Able to delegate
• An excellent problem-solver
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 23, 2018. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time, permanent
About us: The Ottawa Kosher Food Bank was founded in 1997, with the purpose of providing small kosher food parcels once per month to families in need. Working closely with our community, we have many successful programs that focus on diminishing food insecurity within the Jewish community. We currently serve approximately 75 families per month. We are located inside of, and are a program of, Kehillat Beth Israel synagogue and serve clients throughout the National Capital Region.