Digital Communications Specialist - part-time position
The Digital Communications Specialist will be an excellent communicator, with expertise in digital communications and social media. They will possess excellent writing skills and the ability to develop unique and compelling stories. They will be a creative and strategic thinker with an ability to review analytics to understand the impact and adapt to the digital information needs of the Jewish community of Ottawa. A strong understanding of the Jewish world is an asset.
ROLE: Part-time position, 20 hours per week
The Digital Communications Specialist will report to the Director of Communications; write, edit and layout stories for a bi-weekly digital newsletter, and then cross-promote on various digital and social media channels including organizational websites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Other tasks include updating social media, creating social media ads, and other as needed writing assignments.
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent understanding of various social media platforms, how to create effective social media ads, and read analytics
- Good understanding of technology and ability to learn new programs, such as web site platforms, email systems such as MailChimp and Constant Contacts
- Ability to work independently with excellent time-management
- Knowledge of the Jewish community an asset
University or post-secondary degree required; University or post-secondary degree in related fields of Communications; Journalism; Social Media; Marketing would be considered an added asset.
2-5 years in a related digital/social media platform-based communications field is required.
Please send a cover letter, two writing samples, and resume via email to:
Director of Communications
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.