Kehillat Beth Israel is looking for a full-time Development Coordinator who will take the lead in the development and implementation of a harmonised plan to engage members, donors, and the community to help with their philanthropic goals and increase fundraising. This position will be the primary point of contact for all donations under $1,000, as well as legacy giving/bequests and administrative support for our Building our Future campaign.
The ideal candidate will be a rock-star at developing and maintaining relationships with donors.
What we are looking for:
A development officer with a broad range of expertise gained from 3 or more years of experience working in fundraising, for a full-time role in a fast-paced office.
Our Development Coordinator will:
• Have excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
• Be creative, developing new and unique ways to improve relationships with donors and members to increase funds raised
• Be organized, self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work both in a team environment and independently, and think fast on his/her/their feet
• Have good knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Have project management and planning skills, with strong attention to detail, to lead us in our fundraising events and activities
• Have an exceptional donor servicing skill set and demonstrate good judgement
• Be comfortable with reaching out to a broad range of members, businesses, sponsors, partners, and donors.
Our Development Coordinator’s role is to:
• Research, attract, cultivate and grow our base of donors and sponsors
• Design and implement a donor recognition program
• Work with the Executive Director and the fundraising committee to create new giving opportunities.
• Seek out new grant opportunities and take the lead on grant applications
• Engage new sponsors, donors, and partnerships for kiddushes, breakfasts, and various events and initiatives throughout the year
• Maintain our Donor and member Database, and assist in managing communications with donors
• Assist with our marketing, promotion, and social media communications
What we offer:
• A supportive team to work with
• Opportunity to make a difference at an important time in our growth as an organization
• A competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience
To apply: Please send your cv and cover letter, including salary expectations, to Rena Garshowitz, Executive Director: email@example.com by May 31, 2019. No phone calls please.