Kehillat Beth Israel Congregation is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant for a one-year term, who will collaborate closely with the Interim Executive Director, office staff and Clergy team to provide support and services required for all KBI congregants and beyond. This role assists in managing all congregant services and fundraising initiatives, and acts as the first point of contact for all membership-related matters.
The ideal candidate has a solid track record of developing and maintaining relationships with people, and has a keen attention to detail.
What we are looking for:
A consummate customer service and administrative expert who is a quick learner, for a full-time, one-year role in a fast-paced office. The ability to work from home, should the need arise, would be an asset.
Our Administrative Assistant will:
• Have excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, and be the friendly face when people first enter the office
• Be creative, developing new and unique ways to improve relationships with members and prospective members
• Be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with the ability to work as a team and independently, and think quickly on his/her/their feet
• Have advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Have project management and planning skills, with strong attention to detail
• Have an exceptional donor servicing skill set and demonstrate good judgement
• Demonstrate exemplary response times and customer service at all times
• Be driven by member satisfaction
Our Administrative Assistant’s role is to:
• Serve as the primary point of contact and “friendly face” for the organization
• Manage member enquiries and issues, including facilities rentals
• Coordinate membership fees, including invoicing, receipt preparation, collection of overdue and outstanding membership-related receivables, and the membership renewal process
• Maintain all membership data
• Assist with the planning and execution of major congregational events
• Provide development, programmatic, and administrative support.
What we offer:
• A fun and supportive team to work with
• Opportunity to make a difference at an important time in our growth as an organization
• A competitive salary ($40,000 annually), synagogue membership, and other perks
To apply: Please send your cv and cover letter to Rena Garshowitz, Executive Director: email@example.com by August 7, 2020. No phone calls please.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred.