Hillel Ottawa is looking for a creative professional with strong interpersonal, programming, and communications skills to serve as a Student Life Coordinator. The successful candidate will have a strong Jewish background, be a self-starter who can engage students to assist in driving Hillel Ottawa’s mission forward. The Student Life Coordinator reports to Hillel Ottawa’s Director.
What you bring to the job:
• Self-starter with exceptional interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
• A passion for strengthening Jewish identity to encourage and promote a pluralistic approach to Jewish expression through programs and events.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• A cellphone, driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle.
• Energy, a sense of humor, flexibility, and maturity.
Outreach and engagement
• Cultivate meaningful relationships with Jewish students by meeting them face-to-face, where they live, work or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them.
• Work collaboratively with student leadership to develop opportunities to tap into student interest and build positive and on-going relationships with students.
• Help to develop creative means of communication with students for the purposes of recruitment, marketing, and new engagement opportunities via social media and other means.
• Assist in the development of an array of formal and informal opportunities for Jewish students.
• Coordinate logistics for a variety of events and activities.
Administration and Development
• Assist in maintaining records of events, attendance and program evaluation.
• Assist in maintaining Hillel Ottawa physical resources, including equipment and facilities.
What you’ll get out of it:
• Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
• Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
• Practically unlimited paid coffee dates with students.
• Flexible work hours.
To Apply: Please send your resume to Sarah Beutel, VP Community Building, Jewish Federation of Ottawa, at Sbeutel@jewishottawa.com.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required.