Congregation Machzikei Hadas (CMH) is a dynamic and growing Modern Orthodox synagogue in Ottawa, Canada's vibrant and diverse capital. In an era where many synagogues suffer from declining membership, CMH has purposefully renewed itself by dramatically expanding the youth and family programs being offered, which has resulted in significant growth over the last three years.
We are looking for a part time Youth Programming coordinator to work with the Director of Community Building in continuing this pattern of excellence in youth and family programs. The Youth Programming Coordinator will work in a collaborative team environment where staff are appreciated and well supported. This role is expected to require an average of 35 hours a month, with some months requiring 28-35 hours and some months requiring 35-42 hours.
This job will include but is not limited to:
• Coordinating the weekly Shabbat morning youth programs, including staffing, kids’ kiddush and Shabbat program content.
• Oversee the youth programs for High Holidays.
• Organize special holiday programs and parties based on the established synagogue calendar ie. Family Sukkah Hop, Chanukah party, Family Fun Day. (Note: In 2018-2019 there were 12 family specific events).
• Oversee the Youth Committee, comprised of volunteer parents who give insight and feedback on youth programs. This committee meets approximately every other month.
• Create new & exciting programs for Machzikei youth, especially the preteens and teens.
• Build relationships with both existing synagogue families and new families that attend Machzikei programs or parties.
The Youth Programming Co-ordinator will report to the Director of Community Building.
What are we looking for:
● Knowledge of Shabbat rituals, Jewish holidays practices and basic prayer services for children.
● Strong classroom management skills and ability to connect to children of all ages.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to coordinate event logistics.
● Strong interpersonal skills to be utilized while working with shul staff, youth staff and parents.
• The ability to think outside the box and develop new and exciting youth programs.
Experience in education is an asset but is not required.
If you are interested, please send a resume to Jayson Taller at email@example.com by Monday, June 3rd.