Reporting to the Director of Development and the Campaign Manager, this position includes a wide range of organizational and administrative duties, which requires an efficient individual with superior organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The applicant will work as part of a small team of professionals, focusing on the day-to-day administration of the Foundation’s Tribute Card Program, while assisting with other Foundation and Campaign administrative activities.
Qualifications and duties include:
- Respond to telephone and electronic correspondence from donors, providing professional service to all callers/donors
- Develop new business through outreach to new and potential Tribute card users for holiday cards
- Assist with events as needed (i.e.: occasional need for after business hours
Foundation / Tribute Card Specific Responsibilities
- Inputting of Tribute Card donation requests
- Preparing Tribute Cards for distribution/ mailing
- Preparing daily bank deposits and processing credit card payments
- Preparing weekly donation summary reports for Foundation Finance Department
- Summarizing Tribute Card donations for publication in the Ottawa Jewish Bulletin
- Updating internal database for transactions, new fund accounts, address changes, etc.
- Tracking and offering reminder services for regular Tribute Card donors
Federation / Annual Campaign Responsibilities
- Assist the Campaign Manager and Database Manager with all aspects of the Annual Campaign as required and as schedule permits
- Provide administrative support as necessary to all staff in the Foundation/Federation office
- Helps with donor stewardship
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Sales and business development skills and experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of the Ottawa Jewish community would be an asset
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience in office administration functioning as a contributing team member.
- Accurate keyboarding and efficient proofreading skills
- Computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience with database and design software (e.g. Excel, Publisher, Adobe) an asset
- Pleasant and courteous telephone manner with excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge and application of English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- The successful candidate will possess a post-secondary education or equivalent related work experience in a busy office setting.