Tamir is a caring team of participants, families, volunteers and professionals dedicated to assisting people with developmental disabilities realize their potential in a supportive Jewish environment through opportunities for personal growth and community involvement.
Tamir is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of permanent, full-time (40 hours per week) Payroll Administrator. The Payroll Administrator reports directly to the Manager of Finance and Office Administration.
Key duties for this position include:
• Process bi-weekly payroll for 150+ staff
• Maintain payroll records; make adjustments, verify the amounts of all payments before sending to the bank
• Add new employees to the system and issue records of employment for those staff no longer on payroll
• Answer all enquiries about payroll
• Distribute and file paystubs
• Administer the Employee Health and Wellness Benefit Plan
• Create reports such as sick leave, vacation accumulation, staff seniority roster
• Administer all receivables and deposits for the organization
• Support various HR functions, within a unionized environment, as requested by management staff
• Complete other administrative duties as assigned, including reception and general office management
• University degree or college diploma in Accounting or Finance
• Payroll certification
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Simply Accounting
• Three or more years’ experience in payroll administration, preferably in a unionized environment
• A thorough knowledge of various payroll software systems; experience with the Comvida payroll system is
considered an asset
• Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently, be well organized, meet deadlines and take initiative to solve problems
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.