The Executive Assistant provides administrative and operational services, supporting the Head of School in carrying out his responsibilities, and ensuring efficient and effective school operations. This position reports to the Head of School.
● Building Management
○ Supervises daily maintenance, including cleaning, and snow removal.,
○ Conducts daily morning inspection of entire building.
○ Arranges for room set-up for classes, special programs and assemblies.
○ Coordinates services with outside service providers (plumbing, electrician, etc.) as needed.
● Teacher Support:
○ Manages Teacher Schedules for school year.
○ Maintains list of Supply Teachers and coordinating of Supply Teachers.
○ Receives morning calls from teachers who will be out.
○ Collects and collates lesson plans for absent teachers.
○ Maintains record of teacher absenteeism.
● Administration Support:
○ Attends weekly administrative meetings.
○ Conducts data entry for Governmental reporting.
○ Drafts and writes correspondences for the Head of School.
○ Works with the administration to prepare,send out and track registration forms, reminders, and other pertinent parent communications, etc.
○ Maintains list of immunization records and other records in compliance with all Ministry regulations.
○ Maintains student and staff files.
○ Formats report cards and progress reports, including mail-merge.
○ Coordinates field trips including transportation, entrance fees and parent volunteers.
○ Maintain student absentee list.
○ Supports fundraising and public relations efforts - including attending fundraising and events, as needed.
○ Available after hours to attend school events as needed.
○ Additional responsibilities as required.
● Reception and Welcome:
○ Occupies the welcome desk at the entrance of building based upon schedule to be determined.
○ Answer and transfer calls when manning welcome desk and when required.
● Required Skills and Competencies:
○ Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook,Publisher, Excel, Word, as well as Google Docs, Constant Contact, and Switchboard.
○ Strong client service orientation and interpersonal skills.
○ Proven track-record of working together as part of a team.
○ Able to exercise good judgement.
○ Supervisory experience an asset.
Qualifications: Associate's Degree.