Reporting to the Director of Development, this position includes a wide range of organizational and donor stewardship duties, which requires an efficient individual with superior organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The applicant will work as part of a small team of professionals, assisting with Foundation and Annual Campaign activities, while focusing on running the Foundation’s Tribute Card Program. The tribute card program serves as an opportunity for fund holders to make donations to their funds and have personalized cards sent to friends and family.
• Act as a point of contact for the Foundation and Federation donors
• Respond to telephone and electronic correspondence from donors, providing professional service to all callers/donors
• Develop new business through outreach to new and potential Tribute card users for holiday cards
• Assist with events as needed (i.e.: occasional need for after business hours)
• Assist with donor stewardship
• Willingness to learn how to do fundraising solicitations
Foundation / Tribute Card Specific Responsibilities
• Inputting of Tribute Card donation requests
• Preparing Tribute Cards for distribution/ mailing
• Preparing monthly donation summary reports for Finance Department
• Summarizing Tribute Card donations for publication in the Ottawa Jewish Bulletin
• Offering a concierge services for regular Tribute Card donors
Federation / Annual Campaign Responsibilities
• Help with the regular stewardship and cultivation of campaign donors
• Event support
• Provide administrative support as necessary to all staff in the Foundation/Federation office
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Attention to detail
• Sales and business development skills and experience
• Excellent time management skills
• Knowledge of the Ottawa Jewish community would be an asset
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Accurate keyboarding and efficient proofreading skills
• Computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience with database and design software (e.g. Excel, Publisher, Adobe) an asset
• Pleasant and courteous telephone manner with excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent knowledge and application of English grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Post-secondary education or equivalent related work experience in a busy office setting.
WHY COME WORK WITH US?
• Free Parking
• Employer-paid benefits
• Free access to Community Center including Fitness Facilities
• Collaborative and supportive working environment with friendly staff
Interested applicants should send their current resume along with a cover letter explaining how they meet the requirements of the role. The Jewish Federation of Ottawa is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may request accommodation if needed at any point in the selection process. A criminal background check will be required prior to hire. No phone calls please.
POSITION CLOSE DATE: June 20, 2019
Job Type / Category
Not for profit industry
Permanent, full-time, paid position
35 hours per week
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 0-2 years of experience.