Camp B’nai Brith of Ottawa is looking for a part-time Development and Alumni Coordinator who will assist in the development and implementation of a coordinated plan to engage alumni, donors and the community to help increase the visibility of the camp and increase fundraising. This is a work-from-home position.
- Create and maintain an alumni database, and implement a communications plan for alumni
- Work with the alumni committee and camp administration to plan and coordinate alumni events
- Create and maintain a donor database, and assist in managing communications with donors
- Develop relationships with donors
- Work with fundraising committee and camp administration to plan and coordinate fundraising events and campaigns as well as grant submissions
- Work with other Ottawa-based organizations to create shared programming
- Other duties as assigned
- Creativity: Develop new and unique ways to improve relationships with alumni and donors
- Build relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate effectively: Speak and write in a clear and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance the organizational effectiveness.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track details, data, information and activities.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Knowledge of fundraising management, special events planning and management, and database creation/management.
- Certified fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset.
- Experience attending a summer camp is also an asset.
- Ideally, a minimum of 3-5 years of alumni and/or fundraising experience.
Reports to: The Chair of the Board.
About Camp B’nai Brith of Ottawa
Camp B'nai Brith of Ottawa, founded in 1935, has been the summer home for thousands of Jewish children ranging in age from 7 to 16.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.