CHES is a non-profit volunteer driven organization affiliated with the Zelikovitz Centre for Jewish Studies at Carleton University. CHES develops and presents educational programs and activities that promote a deeper understanding of the history and legacy of the Holocaust. CHES brings together academics, educators, survivors, students, community members, and other appropriate partners. CHES offers year-round programs that focus on combating prejudice and racism while promoting respect for diversity, social justice and human rights.
Duties of the Assistant to the Director
• General office administration tasks: To undertake correspondence, general administrative support for projects, note taking during meetings and other administrative tasks as required by the Director of CHES
• Communication including web support: Interact with the public and represent CHES in a professional manner. Communicate with committee members and community partners. Ensure that all web and social media presence associated with CHES are up-to-date relevant and correctly presented on a weekly basis.
• Event Support: Help coordinate all aspects of events initiated by CHES through each stage of the project and include audio-visual equipment, set up and take down
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Computer skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Experience in organizing community events and knowledge of Judaism and the Holocaust would be an asset.
The Assistant to the Director is expected to:
Work well with the staff of the Zelikovitz Centre and volunteers of CHES as part of the team.
Have a strong work ethic, be adaptable and flexible as challenges or new needs arise.
Show initiative and create an effective and efficient working environment, and, be accountable for his/her actions to the Director of CHES
Position type: Part time: 20 hours per week
To apply: Please send your inquiries, resume, and cover letter to Ms Mina Cohn, Director by email to: email@example.com no later than June 20, 2019.
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 0-2 years of experience.