After-School Care Job Opportunity
Looking for candidates who have experience working with children 4 to 12 years old. Position is part time in our after school program, PD day programs and school break programs. Position is November 1, 2019 until June 26, 2020 at the Soloway Jewish Community Centre. If you are interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Current Standard First Aid & Infant/Child CPR-C Certification
• Professional references are required
• Physical ability to do the duties required.
• Medical clearance and immunization record as required by the local Minister of Health.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Attention to detail
• Experience with children of varying needs
• Demonstrate a high level of organizational and customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work cooperatively with others to achieve common goals: demonstrate respect, Major Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Interacting directly with the children, providing quality care.
• Supervising and coordinating activities of and with other early childhood educators and assistants.
• working as a team with co-workers and parents is essential to the success of the child care center.
• Planning and organizing activities for school-age children (4 years old to 12 years old) in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
• Ability to develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
• Knowledge of the Child Care Early Years Act and licensing regulations
. • Knowledge of ELECT and How does Learning Happen?
• Work Setting includes: after school program (18 to 20 hours per week), PD Days and school break programs (8 to 10 hour days)
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 0-2 years of experience.