Under the general direction of the Recreation Program & Volunteer Manager, the Volunteer Administrative Assistant is responsible to support the Volunteer Program by co-coordinating and administering existing and new resources including volunteers to meet the varied needs of the residents and the Home.
Position type: Permanent, Part-time
Hours per week: 14
Closing Date: April 12, 2019
Assist the Recreation Program and Volunteer Manager with the following activities:
• Recruiting volunteers
• Scheduling and conducting interviews with prospective volunteers
• Determining suitability of candidates to work with geriatric population
• Conducting orientation and training for volunteers
• Determining appropriate volunteer assignments
• Networking with community volunteer organizations regarding volunteer programs and opportunities
• Organizing and communication for recognition events and In-Service programs.
• Maintaining accurate volunteer files, records and statistics
• Attending and participating in meetings as required
• Participating in In-Services and Continuing Education
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in the field of Recreation & Leisure and or/Gerontology or related field, or equivalent experience and education
• Experience and strong desire to work with geriatric population
• Effective interpersonal, communication and strong leadership skills
• Demonstrates good listening skills
• Computer literacy is required
• Good verbal and written skills in English
WHY COME WORK WITH US?
• Free Parking
• On site Café
• Collaborative and supportive working environment with friendly staff and management
Interested applicants should send their current resume along with a cover letter explaining how they meet the requirements of the role. The Hillel Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may request accommodation if needed at any point in the selection process. A Vulnerable Sector Police background check will be required prior to hire. No phone calls please.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.